Pervasive Health Conference is a premier international forum with specific focus on technologies and human factors related to the use of ubiquitous computing in healthcare and for wellbeing. The overall goal of the Pervasive Health Conference is to take a multidisciplinary approach to Pervasive Healthcare Technology research and development. The Pervasive Healthcare Community is addressing a broad scope of research topics and concerns: identify and understand problems from a technological, social, medical, and legal as well as financial perspective (with a particular emphasis on understanding and supporting patients’ and practitioners’ needs); design, implementation, and evaluation of supporting hardware and software infrastructures, algorithms, services and applications; and organizational strategies that facilitate integration of Pervasive Healthcare Technology into the healthcare enterprise.
Traditional healthcare environments are extremely complex and challenging to manage, as they are required to cope with an assortment of patient conditions under various circumstances with a number of resource constraints. Pervasive healthcare technologies seek to respond to a variety of these pressures by successfully integrating them within existing healthcare environments. Technologies, standards and procedures on their own provide little and or no meaningful service. It is essential that pervasive healthcare environments, through a combined approach of data collection, data correlation and data presentation, assist healthcare professionals in delivering high levels of patient care, and empower individuals and their families for self-care and health management.
PervasiveHealth aims to gather technology experts, practitioners, industry and international authorities contributing towards the assessment, development and deployment of pervasive medical based technologies, standards and procedures.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI’s Mobile Compass.
We welcome contributions from the following fields:
- Sensing/Actuating Technologies and Pervasive Computing
- Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health Professions
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)
- Hardware and Software Infrastructures
We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but not limited to:
- Identifying and addressing stakeholder needs
- Usability and acceptability
- Barriers and enablers to adoption
- Social implications of pervasive health technology, and social inclusion
- Coverage and delivery of pervasive healthcare services
- Patient and caregiver empowerment
- Diversity: population and condition-specific requirements
- Inclusive research and design: engaging underrepresented populations
- Digital interventions and health behavior change
- Autonomous systems to support independent living
- Clinical applications, validation and evaluation studies
- Telemedicine and mHealth solutions
- Chronic disease and health risk management applications
- Health/Wellbeing promotion and disease prevention
- Home based health and wellness measurement and monitoring
- Continuous vs event-driven monitoring of patients
- Smart homes and hospitals
- Using mobile devices in the storage, update, and transmission of patient data
- Wellbeing and lifestyle support
- Systems to support individuals with auditory, cognitive, or vision impairments
- Systems to support caregivers
Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Physiological models for interpreting medical sensor data
- Activity recognition and fall detection
- User modelling and personalization
- Modelling of Pervasive Healthcare environments
- Sensor-based decision support systems
- Design and evaluation of patient and ambient-related sensors
- Wearable and implantable sensor integration
- Data fusion in pervasive healthcare environments
- Data mining of medical patient records
- Software architectures
- Electronic Health Records
Pervasive Healthcare Management
- Challenges surrounding data quality
- Standards and interoperability in pervasive healthcare
- Business cases and cost issues
- Security and privacy issues
- Training of healthcare professional for pervasive healthcare
- Legal and regulatory issues
- Staffing and resource management
All registered papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
All accepted and presented papers will be published by ACM and made available through ACM Digital Library.
PervasiveHealth proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF=3.259)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.